Come test your palate at San Francisco’s inaugural spicy food and IPA festival – Hops on Fire! How high can you climb on the Scoville Scale: Jalapeño? Cayenne? Habanero? Perhaps even Bhut Jolokia – the infamous ghost pepper? Challenge yourself and pair some amazing local spicy cuisine with some of the nation’s best IPAs.
HOPS ON FIRE – a Spicy Food and IPA festival
Saturday, July 11, 2015
SoMa StrEat Food Park, 428 11th Street, SF
FREE admission with Facebook RSVP for the first 200 attendees
$5 cover after
Limited Early Bird Tickets available
- 14 of the Bay Area top food trucks turning up the heat
- 17 of the best IPAs in the country
- All-you-can-drink IPA passport
- Spicy food eating contest
- Live Salsa Band
- Ice Cream Truck for your antidote: Frozen Kuhsterd
- Rain or Shine – plenty of heaters
- Green Flash West Coast IPA - Green Flash Brewing Co. San Diego CA
- Stone Delicious IPA - Stone Brewing Co. San Diego CA
- Grapefruit Sculpin IPA - Ballast Point Brewing Co. San Diego CA
- Anchor IPA - Anchor Brewing Co. San Francisco CA
- Heroine India Pale Ale - 101 North Brewing Co. Petaluma CA
- Racer 5 India Pale Ale - Bear Republic Brewing Co. Healdsburg CA
- Total Domination IPA - Ninkasi Brewing Co. Eugene OR
- Citra- Hermitage Brewing Co. San Jose CA
- Proving Ground IPA- Magnolia Brewing Co. San Francisco CA
- Baby Daddy IPA- Speakeasy Brewing Co. San Francisco CA
- Daytime IPA- Lagunitas Brewing Co. Petaluma CA
- Pinedrops IPA- Deschutes Brewing Co. Bend OR
- Easy Jack Session IPA- Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Paso Robles CA
- 90 Minute IPA- Dogfish Head Brewing Co. Milton DE
- Evil Cousin Double IPA- Heretic Brewing Co. Fairfield CA
- Heavy Lifting IPA- Boulevard Brewing Co. Kansas City MO
- The City- Calicraft Brewing Co. Walnut Creek CA
SPICY FOOD TRUCK LINEUP AND SPICY SPECIALS
Boneyard- Backyard-inspired smoked meats all served with Boneyard blazing hot barbecue sauce
Sabor de San Miguel- Guatemalan Habanero Longaniza Plate: Homemade pork sausage with fresh habaneros, mint, bell peppers, and spices, griddled to order and served with seasoned rice and Guatemalan black beans, and freshly made tortillas.
Tacos El Tuca- Tilapia a la Diabla- Grilled Tilapia with fire-roasted tomatillo and chile japonés salsa.
Steamin' Burger- The Steamin "So Hot You’re Gonna Wanna Cry" Habanero Burger
Little Green Cyclo- Vietnamese Sunbathing Prawns and Corn on the Cob with Spicy Garlic Sauce
Kokio Republic- Hot & Sweet Kokio Fried Chicken: Gochujang-based spicy KFC(Korean Fried Chicken) and deep fried kimchi rice balls with homemade kimchi, bacon. and parmesan cheese. Both available with CY Kick Chung Yang red pepper hot sauce!
Nombe SF- Nombe wings, Spicy Avocado Fries and Pork & Kimchi Fried Rice
Seoul of Taipei- Chicken Inferno Bowl: Chicken in spicy gravy over rice with a mixed green salad with a chile oil fried egg on top
Bacon Bacon- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Cayenne Bacon
Firetrail Pizza- Spicy Mexican pizza with sausage, jalepeños, red onion, and cilantro
Lil' Burma- Spicy Burmese Curried Chicken Wings
Odang Udon- Homemade garlic noodles with habanero baja sauce
Frozen Kustard- Spicy Mexican Chocolate frozen custard, Sriracha Burnt Caramel Sauce, and...HELLA SPICY Sundae - choice of scoop, topped with Sriracha Burnt Caramel, crushed peanuts, Sriracha Popcorn, and Blaire's 3am Reserve Hot Sauce.
SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE BY Papi Chulo: Gourmet small batch salsa made in SF! Serving the ultimate handmade tacos with flour tortillas made on a placa, quick-fried, then stuffed with ground carne asada, onions, garlic, chiles, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, 5 cheese. 1/2 pound of taco and all made from scratch!